Ever wanted to strip down to your chonies and ride your bike? You have? Well here is your chance to do it with a bunch of other fun-loving San Diegans all for a great cause!
The Bike Sexy: Undie Bike Ride is a fun, all-inclusive bike ride around Pacific Beach & Mission Beach hosed by SoCal Sessions. Bike down in your used clothing to donate, step out of them and ride! This is a fun ride to promote a healthy body image, and gather gently used clothing which will be donated to Father’s Joe’s Village. The Bike Sexy: Undie Ride Ride is about having fun, promoting a positive self-body image, and building a stronger bike community in San Diego.
Afterwards, Ninkasi Brewing is hosting a “Pints for the Cause” event at Iron Pig Alehouse where they will donate $1 for every Ninkasi beer purchased including several limited edition Ninkasi IPA releases. Their donations will help buy new bicycle racks in Pacific Beach. Plus there will be an awesome raffle to help support Father Joe’s.
- RSVP on Facebook! or just show up. (This helps plan ahead for beer)
- When: Thursday Sept 17th, 2015
- Meet: 6:30 PM at Iron Pig Alehouse • 1520 Garnet Ave
- Leave: 7 PMish (sunset)
- Price: FREE
- End at: Iron Pig Alehouse and cheers beers afterward
- Route: PB/Mission Bay area – See Anticipated Map (approximately 10 miles)
- More details here: http://www.socalsessions.com/undiebikeride/
Loose Guidelines for Underwear Rides
- You should probably wear underwear.. only underwear or swimwear or something you feel comfortable in
- Helmets and lights are encouraged
- Be safe and have fun
- Age 21+ Bike Ride
- RIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
About the Host
SoCal Sessions is a pro-Southern California organization started by one of our very own MeetnGreet members. This group tries to bring attention to the things they love (beer, beards, bikes and badassery! but especially bikes) and the local community who helps make this place great. We are lucky to live in a place with so many different landscapes, cultures and opportunities to get out of our normal life. SoCal Session’s goal is to experience all of it!
- Sure you will be in your skivvies, but that doesn’t mean this shouldn’t be an opportunity to meet some new biking buddies (plus you don’t have to strip down until after you have made your first introductions).
- Be bold and create a MeetnGreet invite letting other people know that Underwear Don’t Care.
- Use the “Join the Conversation” tab on the MnG invite to communicate with the group about your plans. Anyone who has RSVP’d YES or MAYBE to the event will receive an email notification when someone posts in the Join the Conversation section.
- Have fun and take pictures! Use #sdmeetngreet and @sdmeetngreet so we can see the fun you are having:-)